The combined entity will better serve the broiler market in the Netherlands, Belgium and West-Germany


ForFarmers has agreed to acquire poultry feed producer De Hoop Mengvoeders. (Credit: Adam Radosavljevic from Pixabay)

ForFarmers, a provider of complete feed solutions, has agreed to acquire poultry feed producer De Hoop Mengvoeders for an undisclosed sum.

Under the deal, ForFarmers will purchase shares of De Hoop for the compound feed business and its related transport activities, as well as the mill with adjacent real estate.

With around 52 employees, De Hoop carries out production at its modern mill located in Zelhem of Gelderland, the Netherlands.

The integration of ForFarmers and De Hoop enables to create an international organisation that focuses on feed quality and advice for poultry farmers.

ForFarmers Netherlands managing director Pieter Wolleswinkel said: “We are very pleased that we are joining forces with De Hoop, where the quality of feed and advice are also prime aspects of their business philosophy.

“This combination, therefore, creates a strong proposition for all stakeholders and fully fits into our recently announced Build to Grow 2025 strategy.”

Last year, De Hoop marketed 322,000 tonnes of poultry feed to broiler farmers and generated €110m of revenues.

The company marketed around 80% of the produced volume in the Netherlands, while the remaining 20% being sold from the Netherlands in Belgium and West-Germany.

Subject to the approval of the Dutch and German competition authorities, the deal is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2021.

The combined business to operate as ForFarmers-De Hoop

De Hoop managing director Gert-Jan Buunk, along with Wolleswinkel, will oversee the new combined business that will operate as ForFarmers-De Hoop.

Buunk said: “The decision to become part of ForFarmers is future-oriented and was primarily taken with the interest of employees and customers at heart.

“In our longstanding history, we have always wanted to attract customers by offering them the best feed and the best advice. In ForFarmers we have found the company with the same philosophy and customer approach.”

In December 2019, Cobb Europe completed the expansion of its hatchery in Norfolk, UK that entailed an investment of £8m.